12 MUST Do To Lose Weight
Are you happy with the way you look and your weight? Majority of people work out to lose weight. But to get results and achieve your goals, it takes time and patience.
- How much should I weigh for my height and age?
What sacrifices are you ready to make to accomplish your ideal weight goal? For successful weight loss, 80% is related to your diet, 10% is related to your physical activities and 10% is genetic (there is nothing you can do about that).
- 10 Things you MUST do if you want to lose weight
If you are ready to make the change, here is where to start.
- If you want to be leaner, you need to modify what and the way you eat, because weight loss won’t happen by itself. That is a decision you should make not just for one month or one year, but the long haul.
- Reduce your portion size. I always give this tip to my clients: eat in small bowls and plates. Bigger the plate is, the more you want to fill it up. If you use a small plate, it will look full and you will be more satisfied.
- Use a journal and write down everything that goes in your mouth! When you write, you can analyze better what you eat. Get a sample of a food diary here.
- Clean out your pantry and fridge. Eliminate all processed food high in trans fat and sugar, including alcohol and pop. I always say to my clients, what is not good for you is not good for your family members either.
- Become a chef. Good meals should take only 30 minutes to prepare. Get healthy and quick recipes here.
- Snack time? If you want to eat between meals, choose wisely. Forget the bag of potato chips or chocolate bar. Make yourself a smoothie or bring an apple with almonds.
- If you are just getting started on an exercise program, first you need to know that it takes between 8-12 weeks to see a change in your body.
- Sweat it out! Exercise can help to boost your metabolism, decrease fatigue and help with weight loss. Start slowly and increase the intensity progressively.
- Read more here: 5 Best Exercises for Weight Loss
- Modify your training every week, for example:
- Cardiovascular exercise: add 5 minutes each week to your cardio exercise or add intensity to it. Later, add inclination.
- Strength training: add 5% more weight each week.
- Let’s get hard like a rock! Majority of my clients want to tone and get firmer. Lift weights and do between 10-15 repetitions. In 6 to 12 weeks or when you will feel stronger, increase your weights and do between 6-8 reps to build more muscle mass.
- To avoid reaching a plateau, change your program every month to challenge your nervous system, other muscles, work in different planes, and range of motion.
- Finally, to stay alive with your exercise program, switch activities! For example, use the elliptical instead of the treadmill or go for a hike with your family instead of using the same route for your walk.
Do you need a hand, let me design a program for you (online or in person)! Contact me here
If you prefer working out from home, use one of my video packages. Choose from:
- 2 Exercises to Practice to Avoid Falls
- 60-Minute of Zumba Fitness
- Ski & Snowboard Conditioning
- 5 Days Cardio Chair
- HIIT Workouts (Legs, Cardio, Core)
- 8 Days Yoga Stretch
- 10 Days Yoga
- 10 Days Chair Yoga Package 1
- 10 Days Chair Yoga Package 2
- 10 Days Active for Life (Beginners and 50+)
- 2 Months of Organized Fitness Calendar
- Coming soon: 10 Days Bedtime Yoga
- Coming soon: 10 Days Hatha Yoga
- Coming soon: 10 days Active for Life No. 2
Join my fitness classes in Kelowna here.
Read more here:
Osteoarthritis and Weight Loss
Which Diet is Right For You to Lose Weight?
18 Ways to Shed Extra Pounds Quicker
What can 10 pounds overweight do to our bodies?
3 Tips to Lose Weight by Having Healthy Gut
NUTRITION TIP: Go Fish and Lose Weight!
Release Extra Weight and Sleep Better
6 tips for not sabotaging your new eating habits on weekends
How Long Does It Really Take to See Fitness Results?
REALISTIC RESULTS – WHEN DOES PROGRESS BECOME VISIBLE?