PT, Corrective Exercise Specialist, SFL
- Personal Trainer,
- Corrective Exercise Specialist,
- Supervisor and Fitness Leader,
- Senior Specialist,
- SFL Osteofit,
- SFL Chair Yoga and Yoga,
- SFL Pilates,
- SFL Aquatic,
- PD, Stroke and Cancer Survivor Specialist,
- Arthritis and Osteoporosis Expert.
Mel is a very active gal. From the ages of 6 to 16, she was a competitive gymnast and she played volleyball, soft ball, badminton and cycled.
Today, even if she works out every day, on weekends, she likes hiking, water skiing, boating, trail running, riding her motorcycle, camping, cycling, downhill skiing, snowshoeing, and traveling the world. Keeping active is an important part of her life.
Fitness has always been in her life and she decided to make it her career.
Mel is a certified Personal Trainer, Supervisor Fitness Leader, Corrective Exercise Specialist, and a qualified instructor for Yoga, Pilates, Weight Training, Group Fitness, and Aquatic Exercises. She is also a specialist in providing tailored exercises for those recovering from cancer, suffering from arthritis, or osteoporosis. Mel has also developed exercise activities for those with Parkinson’s disease and older adult with mobility limitations.
She offers personalized Online Training and Home Programs. With a wide range of workout videos available: fitness for seniors, chair yoga, yoga, Pilates, cardio routines, fat burning workouts, high intensity interval training workouts (HIIT), Bootcamp, TRX exercises, stretching and flexibility routines, Aquatic exercises and so much more! She also writes a regular blog that provides helpful hints on keeping healthy and active.
Mel has been nominated best fitness instructor in 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2015 by Best Of Kelowna. She has been on the front cover of the Okanagan Woman Magazine (https://bit.ly/2W98bhY). She also had the opportunity to be one of the actresses on the documentary about the Okanagan filmed with the popular Canadian actress Karine Vanasse (https://bit.ly/2W80bgZ). Her fitness videos are on Shaw TV (get the guide here). She loves leading workshops for different organizations around the world. She has been invited to speak on the radio and in Podcasts; she has been published in different newspapers and other websites such as In Focus, Straight form Dehart, and Radio-Canada.
She looks forward to sharing the passion of fitness with you. Her main goal is to make you feel good about yourself by helping you reach your nutrition, activity and fitness goals. She will help you to “GET BACK ON TRACK!”
- Documentary with the popular actress, Karine Vanasse. Watch it from Instagram here. March 2020
- Documentary about the Okanagan with Canal Vie and Channel D, Feb. 2020
- Okanagan Woman Magazine, Front Cover of the Spring 2019: Read the article on page 8 & 9
- Nominated Best of Kelowna 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2015
- CIBC for the Cure: Warm Up, 2019
- In Focus, Welcome to Kelowna
- Entrevue avec Radio-Canada pour la journée internationale du yoga, le 17 juin 2015
- Caravane Santé à l’École de L’Anse-Au-Sable à Kelowna, March 2016
- Zumba Fitness: Fundraiser Event for the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign, Feb. 2017
- Straight From DeHart – Aug. 23, 2017
- UBCO Relay for Life – Feb. 24, 2019, 2018, 2017
Why Choose Me as Your Personal Trainer /Corrective Exercise Specialist?
- Because having an appointment with me is going to force you to stop your busy, daily routine to take care of yourself and your health. In fact, your health should be the number one priority. Being active should be part of your daily life.
- Reduce your pain with different technics: myofascial release, stretches and exercises
- Improve your overall health; exercising reduces high blood pressure, cholesterol and your risk of getting cancer and diabetes. Plus you are going to lose weight and tone your body.
- Improve your balance, coordination, and agility which will reduce your risk of falling.
- Protect your bones; beginning a strength training program by lifting weights will improve your muscular mass and protect your bones and joints against arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Reduce back and joint pain. The more you move the less pain you are going to feel.
- Improve your cardiovascular capacity.
- Have more energy to get through your days.
- Significantly reduce your stress level.
- Sleep better.
- Live and be independent for much longer.
Aren’t these all good reasons to start today? email to get more information. The sooner you begin, the better you are going to feel! Let’s “GET BACK ON TRACK” now!
Certified with The British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA) and CFES
- Group Fitness SFL (Supervisor Fitness Trainer)
- Pilates SFL
- Yoga SFL and Chair Yoga
- Aquatic SFL
- Personal Trainer
- Corrective Exercise Specialist
- SFL Osteofit
- Weight Training
- Personal Trainer
- Corrective Exercise Specialist (Biomechanics Method)
- Cancer Survivor Specialist
- Yoga (Sivananda Yoga, 200 hours)
- Third Age Module (to work with older adult)
- Arthritis & Osteoporosis (Osteofit)
- Exercise and Parkinson’s Disease
- Exercise after a Stroke
- WaterArt: Seniors Instructor Certification Course & Programming for Common Medical Conditions
- Kinesis Wall
- Circuit Training Exercise
- Functional Fitness
- Building Better Bones
- Agatsu Kettle Bell Workshop
Some of My Hobbies:
- Organizing fundraiser events
- Snowshoeing: http://youtu.be/qAap7lrekSw
- Working out
- Slalom water skiing
- Downhill skiing
- Road biking
- Mountain biking
- Riding my motorcycle
- Going out with friends