Melanie Morrissette, PT, SFL
Personal Trainer, Corrective Exercise Specialist, Senior Specialist, Osteofit, Yoga, Pilates, Aquatic, Cancer Survivor Specialist & Group Fitness Instructor in Kelowna
Being active is part of my daily life. Physical fitness is my passion, and I look forward to share that passion with you. My main goal is to make you feel good about yourself by helping you reach your activity and fitness goals. I can help you to “GET BACK ON TRACK” . With me, there are no judgments, only encouragement and support. My strength is to make my clients comfortable around me. I am a very happy woman and a people person. I enjoy laughter. Laughing and making our training fun are my priorities. Each program is individualized through simple basic steps. My group programs encourage participation by people with different levels of fitness. My schedule is flexible. I am reliable and on time.
- Documentary with the popular actress, Karine Vanasse. Watch it from Instagram here. March 2020
- Documentary about the Okanagan with Canal Vie and Channel D, Feb. 2020
- Okanagan Woman Magazine, Front Cover of the Spring 2019: Read the article on page 8 & 9
- Nominated Best of Kelowna 2020, 2019, and 2015
- CIBC for the Cure: Warm Up, 2019
- In Focus, Welcome to Kelowna
- Entrevue avec Radio-Canada pour la journée internationale du yoga, le 17 juin 2015
- Caravane Santé à l’École de L’Anse-Au-Sable à Kelowna, March 2016
- Zumba Fitness: Fundraiser Event for the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign, Feb. 2017
- Straight From DeHart – Aug. 23, 2017
- UBCO Relay for Life – Feb. 24, 2019, 2018, 2017
Why Choose Me as Your Personal Trainer /Corrective Exercise Specialist?
- Because having an appointment with me is going to force you to stop your busy, daily routine to take care of yourself and your health. In fact, your health should be the number one priority. Being active should be part of your daily life.
- Reduce your pain with different technics: myofascial release, stretches and exercises
- Improve your overall health; exercising reduces high blood pressure, cholesterol and your risk of getting cancer and diabetes. Plus you are going to lose weight and tone your body.
- Improve your balance, coordination, and agility which will reduce your risk of falling.
- Protect your bones; beginning a strength training program by lifting weights will improve your muscular mass and protect your bones and joints against arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Reduce back and joint pain. The more you move the less pain you are going to feel.
- Improve your cardiovascular capacity.
- Have more energy to get through your days.
- Significantly reduce your stress level.
- Sleep better.
- Live and be independent for much longer.
Aren’t these all good reasons to start today? email to get more information. The sooner you begin, the better you are going to feel! Let’s “GET BACK ON TRACK” now!
Certified with The British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA) and CFES
- Group Fitness SFL (Supervisor Fitness Trainer)
- Pilates SFL
- Yoga SFL and Chair Yoga
- Aquatic SFL
- Personal Trainer
- Corrective Exercise Specialist
- Weight Training
- Personal Trainer
- Corrective Exercise Specialist (Biomechanics Method)
- Cancer Survivor Specialist
- Yoga (Sivananda Yoga, 200 hours)
- Third Age Module (to work with older adult)
- Arthritis & Osteoporosis (Osteofit)
- Exercise and Parkinson’s Disease
- WaterArt: Seniors Instructor Certification Course & Programming for Common Medical Conditions
- Kinesis Wall
- Circuit Training Exercise
- Functional Fitness
- Zumba Gold
- Zumba Toning
- Building Better Bones
- Agatsu Kettle Bell Workshop
Some of My Hobbies:
- Organizing fundraiser events
- Snowshoeing: http://youtu.be/qAap7lrekSw
- Working out
- Slalom water skiing
- Downhill skiing
- Road biking
- Mountain biking
- Riding my motorcycle
- Going out with friends