Instant Pot Chickpea and Vegetable Soup
I love this soup! I have even made it twice, back to back. It is easy to make, healthy and deliciously filling!
- 1 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stacks, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced or 1 small can of diced tomatoes
- 5 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp marjoram
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- optional: 1/2 cup white quinoa, rinsed until the water is clear
- 2 handfuls spinach or chopped kale
- 1 can 398 ml chickpeas
Directions:Cooktime: 4 Serves: 6
- Set the Instant Pot to “Sauté”. Add the oil in the pot. Sauté the diced onion and cook until it is translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the carrots to the Instant Pot and let them cook while you are chopping the celery.
- Add the celery, and the rest of the ingredients except the chickpeas and spinach.
- Cover and turn the pressure release valve to “Sealing”.
- Switch the setting to « Soup/Broth », set the pressure to « High » and set the time to 4 minutes.
- In meantime, rinse the chickpeas and prepare the spinach.
- When the time of the Instant Pot is completed, turn the pressure to “Venting” and wait until there is no more steam coming out.
- Open the lid and add the spinach and chickpeas.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and let the soup cool off before transferring to glass containers.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Meal Categories: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Drinks, Meals, Plant-Based, Salad/Dressing, Snacks, Soup,