Homemade organic chicken or turkey broth
This homemade broth tastes so much better than store bought and you can keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months! However, you may use store bought broth if you wish, just purchase the low sodium variety.
Here is the easy recipe for you to try next time you cook a whole chicken or turkey.
- Bones from a whole chicken or turkey
- 2 organic carrots (keep the peel and do not cut)
- 2 organic stacks of celery with leaves (no need to cut)
- 1 whole garlic (keep the peel)
- 1 big onion cut in big cubes
- Filtered water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Transfer the bones to a big pot if you choose to do it on the stove or use a slow cooker.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Add enough water to cover all the ingredients.
- On the stove, cover the pot and let simmer for 2-2.5 hours.
- In a slow cooker, let it simmer at low for 12 hours.
- For both options, let the broth cool off for 1 hour before you strain it in a big container.
- Keep in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- With a spoon, remove the excess of fat.
- Transfer the broth in smaller containers to keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.