10 Benefits of a Headstand in Yoga
- Get stronger core muscles and glutes!!
- Gives a rest to the heart and circulatory system by inverting the body and keeping it in a straight line. The heart needs only to pump the blood with enough force for it to reach the feet. Gravity helps to return the venous blood to the heart.
- Releases Stress and increases focus.
- People who practice Sirsasana on a regular basis tend to have slow rates of respiration and heart beat.
- The brain, spinal cord and sympathetic nervous system are supplied with an increased flow of blood rich in nutrients.
- All body functions are toned and enhanced. Disorders of the nerves, eyes, ears, nose and throat are improved.
- Persons suffering from varicose veins will feel relief as stagnant blood drains from the lower extremities.
- A good remedy for renal colic, and stubborn constipation.
- Pressure is relieved on the lower back.
- The Headstand combats dropped stomach and nervous or hepatic asthma.
- Strengthen shoulders and arms. It also helps with my neck. When my shoulder, arms and neck are stronger, I have less pain at my neck.
- Memory and intellectual capacity are increased.
- Improves concentration and sensory faculties (eyesight, hearing).
- The person who practices the Headstand on a regular basis will rarely suffer from nervous disorders.
- Self-confidence will improve and empathy often increases too.
Read more here:
How to do a headstand (for beginners). Start the video at 2:15 minutes