10 Tips For A Healthy-Looking Skin
Your skin absorbs everything from what you apply on it to the pollutants found in the environment. Your skin also protect your organs, keeps water in and keeps bacteria out. If you want to look younger, you need to take daily care of your skin.
I have been making my own skin care products and soaps for years and I just love it. I studied and worked in chemistry for 8 years but trust me, making these product is just like following a recipe for the first time. I am going to share some of my favorite recipes and you are welcome to try them.
Here are the basic steps to ensure healthy-looking skin:
- Cleanse your skin mornings and nights. We touch our faces about 16 times per hour! There is nothing dirtier than your fingers! Indeed, your skin is the biggest organ of your body and absorbs everything, including pollutants. It is important to remove impurities and makeup to allow your skin to repair and replenish overnight.
- Seek sun protection. Sun is the major cause of damage to skin. It increases brown spots, redness, sagging, wrinkles, and can cause skin cancer. That’s why it is important to protect your face by wearing a hat and using sunscreen protection on your face. Look for chemical-free, paraben-free, full-spectrum sunblock that also contains antioxidants to replenish while protecting your skin. I am always careful about what I use on my face. I don’t buy just what I find at the drugstore. My favorite facial sunscreen is Eminence Tropical Vanilla Day Cream with SPF 32. Skin care products are made from organic ingredients. You can find it online or at Accentual Nails and Spa in Kelowna.
- Sleep on your back. That’s right! Sleeping on your back will prevent lines and creases from your comfy pillow. You can teach your body to sleep on your back by using one pillow each side of you and adding another one under your knees to relax your lower back. I hope you sleep in a king size bed!
- Fight wrinkles by doing a shoulder or a headstand. I am not joking! Gravity is your worst enemy. Get a free facelift by inversing yourself up side down. A standing forward fold works as well! You can also use an inversion table.
- Be a fish. Drinking a lot of water or foods that contain water will keep your skin hydrated. Start your day by drinking a big glass of purified water. I add lemon and cayenne pepper to mine.
- 10 Tips To Drink More Water And Lose Weight by Abstract Fitness
- Exfoliate. Eliminate dry skin by doing a gentle micro-exfoliation to your face. I use cinnamon with my facial cleanser! Use an empty spice container. Fill up with cinnamon and sparkle some on your hands and then on your face. Do gentle circular movements and feel the softness of your skin afterwards.
- Cinnamon is rich in antioxidants. It can help treat hyperpigmentation and acne, lighten the skin, and decrease signs of aging. Read more here: Does Cinnamon Have Any Benefits for Your Skin? by Healthline
- Avoid alcohol and smoking. Both dehydrate your skin! Smoking deprive your skin of the necessary oxygen and nutrients it needs to perform at its best.
- Avoid hot water on your face. Hot water removes the natural oil of your skin and dehydrates it.
- Eat a healthy diet. Eat plenty of raw vegetables and fruit to keep your skin hydrated.
- Read more here: 40 Foods That Will Help You Look 10 Years Younger by Abstract Fitness
- Avoid stress. Stress increases pimples, breakouts and acne on your face. Practice meditation and yoga to reduce stress. You can use my videos here.
It is never too late to take good care of your skin and face. It should be part of your daily routine. Use quality face cream products to keep your face hydrated and firm for years.