8 Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamp
Himalayan salt comes from the Khewra Salt Mine in Pakistan. Often, Himalayan salt lamps are seen in spas or in homes because of their soft lighting and health benefits. But are there really health benefits to owning your own Himalayan salt lamp? Some people swear there are health benefits to that. Here is why:
- Improves mood, reduces stress and anxiety. Because of the orange light, salt lamp brings joy and calmness to people. It also help with depression and mental health.
- Purifies the air you breathe. Many consumers think that a salt lamp can purify air by attracting moisture, mold and bacteria.
- Helps to neutralize your environment and improves your sleep. Salt lamps are believed to release negative ions that trigger physiological reactions, which increase the production of serotonin, the hormone linked to improving mood and energy.
- Helps with allergies. The salt reduces the inflammation in your airways as well as reducing the onset of allergies by strengthening your immune system and warding off pathogens.
- Respiratory relief and allergies. Research has shown that salt mine workers in the 1800s experienced fewer respiratory problems than the rest of the local population. Workers who were exposed to high concentrations of salt sources, such as salt caves and mines, experienced less asthma, cystic fibrosis, and allergy symptoms.
- Reduces electromagnetic radiation from digital devices. In your house, every electronic device, including wifi, transmits electromagnetic radiation. Some people become negatively affected by that; they can feel stressed, fatigued and it is proven to decrease the strength of the immune system.
- Reduces the symptoms of arthritis. The salt can reduce inflammation on the molecular level.
- Relieves headaches. The calming effect of the lamp can help to reduce headaches.
Usually, people buy these Himalayan salt lamps for the ambiance. It can be the perfect lamp in your bedroom to enhance relaxation and to stimulate sleep hormone melatonin. Unfortunately, there are not enough studies to prove that these lamps can help your health and wellness. Indeed, salt lamps don’t replace a good filter in your furnace, your time outside for your skin to absorb vitamin D, the elimination of carbon dioxide and the production of oxygen created by plants. But if you like the look of them, why not own one. I have one and love it.
In fact, to get the full benefits of Himalayan salt, which contains more than 80 trace minerals, you need to be exposed to a mine or a room of that pink salt. A salt cave can help with headaches, arthritis, allergies, asthma, skin conditions and stress. If you want to give it a try, we have a salt cave right here in Kelowna. Click on the link here to know more.
Himalayan Salt Lamps: Benefits and Myths by Healthline
Are There Any Health Benefits to Himalayan Salt Lamps? by Cleverland Clinic
Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps by Facty Health
12 Reasons To Keep A Himalayan Salt Lamp In Every Room Of The House by The Jerusalem Post
9 Powerful Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps for Your Health! by Homegrown Foods