Vegetables and Sausages or Smoked Salmon Frittata
I had a leftover of sausages from a previous dinner, so I put them in the frittata; what an excellent way to use leftovers!
- 2 chicken sausages
- 2 eggs
- 5-7 egg whites
- 4 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red and 1/2 green peppers
- 2 stalks of kale
- 10-15 cocktail tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of Shreddered parmesan or cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper
Directions:Cooktime: 30 minutes Serves: 4
- Preheat the oven at 350F.
- In a small skillet, heat 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil and cook the sausages at medium-low. Turn them regularly until they are thoroughly cooked (15-20 minutes).
- Cut the peppers in small cubes. In an oven proof large skillet, begin to cook them.
- Meanwhile, separate the kale from the stalk and sauté with the peppers for 3 minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and add to the skillet; cook for 3 minutes.
- When the sausages are ready, slice and add them to the big skillet.
- Beat eggs and egg whites with salt & pepper.
- Add the eggs to the large skillet. Make sure the eggs cover the vegetables and sausages, if not, add more egg whites.
- Cook until eggs start to set and are lightly browned on bottom, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cheese on the top.
- Carefully transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 10 minutes until the eggs are cooked on the surface.
- Broil for a short time until the cheese topping is golden.
- Remove the skillet form the oven. Use a rubber spatula to loosen wedges of frittata and help slide it out of skillet onto a plate. Cut into four wedges.
- Serve with fruit and a glass of low-fat milk (250 ml).
Meal Categories: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Drinks, Meals, Plant-Based, Salad/Dressing, Snacks, Soup,