Thai Red Curry with Tofu, Vegetables, and Quinoa
- 1 pkg medium/firm tofu
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/3 cup Thai red curry paste
- 2 cans of light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen okra
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 2 cups of white quinoa
- 4 cups of water
- 1/8 tsp of salt
Directions:Cooktime: 30 Serves: 4 Calories: 531
- Drain tofu between paper towel for 30 minutes.
- Cut eggplant in small cubes, beans in half and cut & remove the top of the okra.
- Prepare the quinoa by mixing the water and salt together & bring to boil with a cover. Reduce heat at low & cook until there is no more water. Rest for 5 min.
- In a large skillet with cover, heat oil over medium heat, fry curry paste and add 1/4 tsp of salt, stirring for 2 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and broth; bring to boil. Taste the mixture to see if it is spicy enough, if not adjust by adding more Thai red curry paste.
- Add tofu, eggplant and green beans. Reduce heat and simmer covered until they cooked, 6-8 minutes.
- Add okra and coriander; simmer for 1 minute. Adjust taste by adding more coriander. Stir in lime.
- Serve quinoa and mix of vegetables of top with a little bit of liquid.
- Enjoy that healthy, vegetarian recipe!
Meal Categories: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Drinks, Meals, Plant-Based, Salad/Dressing, Snacks, Soup,