Instant Pot Thai Butternut Squash Curry with Noodle
Prep Time: 15 minutes.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup Thai Red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash or add sweet potatoes for up to 4 cups
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 dry kaffir lime leaves
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen shredded kale
- 1 pound of rice or egg noodles
- 1/4 cup cilantro or basil
- 1 can 540 ml chickpeas, rinsed
Directions:Cooktime: 8-10 minutes Serves: 6 Calories: 385 kcal
- Set the Instant Pot to “Sauté”. Add 2 Tbsp of olive oil in the pot. Sauté the diced onion and cook until it is translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 more minute.
- Combine the curry paste, fish sauce and peanut butter to the Instant pot. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Switch the setting to « Soup/Broth », set the pressure to « High » and reduce the time to 5 minutes.
- Add the veggie broth, cinnamon stick, kaffir lime leaves, butternut squash, and lime juice.
- Cover and turn the pressure to “Sealing”.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the noodles according to package directions.
- When the noodles are cooked, strain and rinse under cold water.
- When the time of the Instant Pot is completed, turn the pressure to “Venting” and wait until there is no more steam coming out.
- Set up again the Instant Pot to “Sauté”. Add coconut milk, chickpeas, kale, and noddles. Stir until the kale is cooked.
- If the texture is too thick, add more broth.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and let the soup cool off before transferring to glass containers.
- Add the cilantro or basil on top of the soup.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Meal Categories: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Drinks, Meals, Plant-Based, Salad/Dressing, Snacks, Soup,