Instant Pot Sweet Potato, Chickpeas, and Kale Curry
Meal Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Drinks, Meals, Plant-Based, Salad/Dressing, Snacks, Soup,
Perfect dish for a busy day.
Serve over cooked basmati rice, quinoa, millet or sorghum.
check my video about which one is best to buy: https://youtu.be/j0Q2mJXby64
- 2 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 can, 398 ml, diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 large sweet potato of half of a butternut squash
- 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2-4 dry kaffir lime leaves
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 cups fresh or frozen shredded kale or fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 can, 398 ml, chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cups or 1L tetra veggie broth
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
Directions:Cooktime: 15 Serves: 6
- Set the Instant Pot to “Sauté”. Add 2 Tbsp of coconut oil in the pot. Sauté the diced onion and cook until it is translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 more minute.
- Combine the cumin seeds to the Instant pot. Stir for 30 seconds. Add the other spices (turmeric, coriander and red pepper flakes).
- Switch the setting to « Soup/Broth », set the pressure to « High » and reduce the time to 3 minutes.
- Add the veggie broth, sweet potato, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and kaffir lime leaves.
- Cover and turn the pressure to “Sealing”.
- In meantime, chop the cilantro, rinse the chickpeas, prepare the kale, and slice in half the lime.
- When the time of the Instant Pot is completed, turn the pressure to “Venting” and wait until there is no more steam coming out.
- Open the lid and add the kale, chickpeas, and coconut milk. Stir until the kale is cooked.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and let the soup cool off before transferring to glass containers.
- Add the cilantro on top of the soup with a squeeze of lime.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.