Instant Pot Cauliflower and Lentils Thai Curry Stew
I love using my Instant Pot more and more! This recipe is cooked in 5 minutes!!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tetra (900 ml) vegetable broth
- 1 small head chopped cauliflower florets
- 2 organic peeled and cubed sweet potatoes or half of an organic butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 dry kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 cup uncooked red lentils
- 1 can (796 ml) diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (398 ml) coconut milk
- 2 cups finely chopped kale, chard or spinach
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro or basil
- fresh lime juice
Directions:Cooktime: 5 Serves: 6
- Set the Instant Pot to “Sauté”. Add the olive oil in the pot. Sauté the diced onion and cook until it is translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Combine the curry paste to the Instant pot. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Switch the setting to « Soup/Broth », set the pressure to « High »
and reduce the time to 5 minutes.
- Add the veggie broth and all the other ingredients, except the
coconut milk and kale.
- Cover and turn the pressure to “Sealing”.
- When the time of the Instant Pot is completed, turn the pressure to “Venting” and wait until there is no more steam coming out before opening the lid.
- Set up again the Instant Pot to “Sauté”. Add coconut milk and kale. Stir until the kale is cooked (2-3 minutes).
- If the texture is too thick, add more broth or filtered water.
- Add the cilantro or basil on top of the stew. Add fresh lime juice.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and let the soup cool off before transferring to glass containers. Keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Meal Categories: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Drinks, Meals, Plant-Based, Salad/Dressing, Snacks, Soup,