Instant Pot Butter Chicken
Serve on a bed of brown basmati rice and steamed vegetables.
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Marinating time: 1 hr to overnight
- 3 tbsp tandoori paste (Indian sauce)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp plain, non sweet, yogurt
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chucks or 1 pack of tofu
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 inch cube ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro and more to garnish
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 chili powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp can sugar (optional)
- 1 tbsp organic butter or vegan butter
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 green onions to garnish (optional
Directions:Cooktime: 15 minutes Serves: 4
- In a glass container with a lid, add all the ingredients together except the chicken or tofu. Mix well. Add chicken and stir well to coat. Keep in the fridge for a minimum 1 hr or overnight.
- Prepare the Instant Pot and pour in the chicken and marinade. Add 1/4 cup of filtered water. Select “Pressure Cook” and at “High Pressure”. Reduce the time to 6 minutes. Cover and turn the pressure to “Sealing”.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce using a small bowl. Add the tomato paste, 1/4 cup of the water, ginger root, jalapeño, the fresh and dry spices, and the lemon juice.
- When the time of the Instant Pot is completed, turn the pressure to “Venting” and wait until there is no more steam coming out before opening the lid.
- Place the chicken and its liquid in a bowl for now.
- Keep the lid off, set up the Instant Pot to “Sauté”. Add the olive oil and onion. Sauté until the onion is translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
Meal Categories: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Drinks, Meals, Plant-Based, Salad/Dressing, Snacks, Soup,