Frozen Protein Bars
Quick, easy and no baking required to prepare these yummy protein bars.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats, blended into flour or you can buy the flour version of it
- 1/2 cup rice crisp cereal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened/unflavored vegan powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Directions:Cooktime: no cooking time! Serves: 10-12 bars
- In a food processor, bring the oats and rice cereal into flour and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the vegan powder and salt into the bowl and mix well.
- Add the peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix again.
- Line an 8-inch square pan with a piece of parchment paper. Pour the mixture on the parchment paper. Pass the palm of your hand under the running water and press the mixture into the pan.
- Put in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Cut into bars and put again in the freezer until the bars are firm.
- Keep in an air-tight freezer bag or container up to three months.
Meal Categories: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Drinks, Meals, Plant-Based, Salad/Dressing, Snacks, Soup,