Chicken Lettuce Fajitas
- 1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large chicken breast, cut in small slices
- ½ big onion, cut in cubes
- 2 stalks of celery (optional)
- ½ green, yellow, and red pepper
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2-1/2 Tbsp. of homemade chicken broth or 1 Tbsp. of liquid one (reduced in salt), or 2-1/2 tsp. crushed chicken bouillon cube
- 1-1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Choose your favorite big leaf lettuce: Kale, lettuce or romaine leaves
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Fat free sour cream
Directions:Cooktime: 30 minutes Serves: 4
- Cook the chicken in a pan with olive oil until it is no longer pink inside. Place aside and keep warm.
- Cook the onion and celery for 3-4 minutes, add the peppers and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and sprinkle half of the spices over the mixture. Mix until well combined and warmed.
- Wash the salad leaves and serve the mixture on them. Add 1 Tbsp. of cheese and salsa, followed by 1 tsp. of sour cream. Fold the salad leaf and enjoy!
- Place the leftover spices into small glass or plastic container, seal tightly and store in a cool, dry place. Makes the equivalent of 3 packets of commercial or purchased Fajita Seasoning Mix.
Meal Categories: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Drinks, Meals, Plant-Based, Salad/Dressing, Snacks, Soup,