Breakfast Mexican Style Fajita
This is a quick and easy breakfast to prepare in advance. Eat it hot or cold the next day:)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 jalapeno, diced. If you want spicier, keep more seeds from it
- 1 can (398 ml) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of fresh basil or cilantro. Keep some to garnish
- Corn flour tortillas or use lettuce (lettuce wrap)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 lime
- fresh salsa (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
Directions:Cooktime: 15 minutes Serves: 4
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and
cook until it is translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add the peppers and corn and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the black beans, tomatoes, cumin, garlic powder, fresh basil
or cilantro and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-5 minutes,
until the mixture is warm.
- In the meantime, warm up the tortillas (optional).
- Serve the mixture on the tortillas.
- On top, add salsa, avocado, fresh herb of your choice and squeeze
fresh lime juice.
- Store the leftover in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3
Meal Categories: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Drinks, Meals, Plant-Based, Salad/Dressing, Snacks, Soup,