Artificial Sweeteners Can Change Your Gut’s Microbiota
After only one week of consuming artificial sweeteners from drinks and foods, people started to develop glucose intolerance, a metabolic condition also known as prediabetes! Microbiota in your gut changes and the absorption of nutrients as well.
Artificial sweeteners can be widely found in:
- Jams and jellies
- Canned foods
- Baked goods
- Diary alternatives such as soy, almond, coconut milk
- Sugar alternatives such as saccharin
Read the ingredients behind packages/bottles and avoid these 18 artificial sweeteners:
- ACESULFAME POTASSIUM
- HYDROGENATED STARCH HYDROLYSATE (HSH)
What are the negative effects on our bodies?
- Saccharin is linked to bladder cancer
- Aspartame can be a trigger for migraines
- Sorbitol, mannitol and xylitol leads to digestive and laxative effects
- Weight gain
- Sugar cravings.
Instead of using sugar in my recipes, I use dates, honey, maple syrup, bananas, and apple sauce! Try my Raw Chocolate Mousse.
If you have a sweet tooth, try to switch for healthier dessert options:
- Platter or bowl of fruit
- Energy balls (get my favorite recipes here)
- 5 Tasty Tricks to Make Clean-Eating Desserts Without Added Sugar
Read more here: