3 Ways to Prevent Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer is the most common type of cancer among men.
- Family or personal history of prostate cancer increases risk
- More common in African American men than Hispanic or Caucasian men and less common in Asian and American Indian men
- Diet high in animal and saturated fat
- High-calcium intake from food and/or supplements
- Being overweight
How to prevent the risk of prostate cancer:
- Eat five or more servings of vegetables and fruit each day
- Limit intake of red meats and dairy products
- Maintain an active lifestyle and healthy weight.
Read more here: Prostate Cancer Foundation