How to Prevent Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women.
- Having first menstrual period before age 12
- Having a first child after age 30
- Late age at menopause
- Family history of breast cancer
- Increased body weight and weight gain during adulthood
- Alcohol consumption
How to reduce the risk of breast cancer:
- Reduce or eliminate alcohol consumption
- Engage in moderate to vigorous physical activity for 45-50 minutes a day for at least 5 days per week
- Lower fat intake and maintain a healthy weight.