Hot Yoga: Try it more than once…you will love it!
If you practice yoga, you should give hot yoga a try – you sweat your butt off while eliminating stress and toxins from your body.
The first time I tried it, I personally didn’t like it but now I love it! I realized afterwards that my dislike of hot yoga was related to ignorance – I was not planning to sweat that much and I did not have the proper equipment. Here is a list of what you will need to get started:
– Avoid having a heavy meal 2 hours prior the class
– Drink a lot of water for up to 30 minutes before the class starts
– Bring a big bottle of water to the class
– Yoga mat: get a non-slippery one that is comfortable enough
– Wear less! Wear comfortable clothes – the less you wear, the better you will feel
– Use a padlock to keep your car keys and other belongings safe in a locker at the yoga studio. Leave your cell phone at home or in your car. Yoga studios are usually a cell free environment anyway
– Bring a mat and towel to absorb your sweat
– Bring a hand towel to dry yourself off
– Listen your body. Every day is a new day and sometimes we need more rest between poses. Rest in child pose or savasana when you need it
– Get prepared for a shower: bring everything you need to get changed including another towel so you will feel fresh!
– Wash your yoga mat in the washing machine (do not use a machine with an agitator) or in the bath tub. Let it dry carefully before rolling it up and putting it back in its bag.
If you prefer dry yoga then try one of my classes! Get more info by visiting my website at: abstractfitness.ca/classes