That’s the perfect ride on hot and sunny days. You can stay on highways or use some back roads between Penticton to Osoyoos.
- Option 1: Kelowna to Osoyoos using Green Mountain Rd (passed Kaleden) : Google Maps 2h35 min for 175 km
- Option 2: Kelowna to Ososyoos by Keremeos: Google Maps 2h03 min for 157 km
- Option 3: Kelowna to Osoyoos on highways: Google Maps 1h50 min for 127 km
- From Osoyoos to Kelowna by Rock Creek : Google Maps 2h13 min for 182 km
- Before arriving to Osoyoos, I like showing Spotted Lake to my rider friends. The lake has white circle spots witch are caused by dense deposits of magnesium sulphate, calcium and sodium sulphates among other minerals.
- On the way down before arriving to Osoyoos, there is a nice view point on the left-hand side of the road to get a pic of the mountains, the city and the lake. Please take note that left-hand side turns are not allowed… but…
- For lunch, I like stopping at the Owl Pub in Osoyoos. There is a nice patio with a view on the lake.
- I always carry my swimsuit and beach towel with me. I love going swimming in the lake before hitting the road again.
- When you leave Osoyoos by Hwy 3, there is Anarchist Mountain Lookout where you can stop to admire the scenery of the city and the lake.