Watch the video (click here)
- When: Mondays (1 – 2 pm) and Thursdays (1:30-2:30 pm)
- Where: Senior Centre in Rutland, 765 Dodd Rd, Kelowna, BC V1X 5H1 (click here to see the map)
What to bring: water,indoor shoes and a friend
- Fees: $4/class
- Description: http://www.osteofit.org/OSTEOFIT aims to provide safe and gentle exercises for individuals with minimal previous exercise experience.
- Exercise can modify some fall risk factors and thus reduce falls in older adults
- A physically active lifestyle is associated with a reduced risk of osteoporotic fracture.
The goals of OSTEOFIT are to:
- Reduce an individual’s risk of falls and fractures
- Improve an individual’s ability to do day-to-day activities
- Increase an individual’s confidence and independence
- Improve an individual’s quality of life
Participants do NOT need a physician’s referral. Some participants may require medical clearance from a Physician or Nurse Practitioner.