A “Quicky”… Perfect For An Afternoon Ride
1- East Side Kelowna to Black Mountain: 1hr / 40 km
Do you want to get lost? Use my post it idea and write down the roads you are planning to explore. There are so many roads up there and it is soooo beautiful. I love the smell and view of orchards, the city and the lake.
- You can also stop on McCulloch Rd to get a stunning view of the Golf Course and the lake.
- If you want to have lunch or dinner, you can stop at Orchard Greens Restaurant, Harvest Golf Restaurant or McCulloch Station.
2- Kelowna to Vernon using Carrs Landing Rd. and back by Westside Rd: 2h20 min. / 141 km
I love using back roads because I can drive slowly and enjoy the scenery.
- Routes: Kelowna to Vernon using Glenmore Dr, Carrs Landing Rd, Old Kamloops Rd and then Westside Rd. (Google Maps)
- Carrs Landing Rd is one of my favorite. In summer, I pack my swim suit and have a dip in the lake. There is also a nice cafe (Ok Patio Cafe) to get an ice cream, snack, lunch and of course coffee!
- There is still construction on Westside Rd with alternating traffic. Please visit the website to know more about the closure times.
- Westside Rd can be a challenging one for beginners. Be aware it is a very curvy road (woo-hoo!!) with several 30 km/h turns and the up coming traffic with big trailers has a tendency to cut into the other line 🙁 Click here to see some pictures of the road.
- Watch for wildlife on Westside Rd. I see deer on a regular basis. Keep your eyes open for big horn sheeps as well:)
- I love stopping at La Casa Cottage Resort Cantina Restaurant for an ice cream or coffee.